A lot of recent scientific trials on osteosarcoma (OS) are in testing these days. There are a lot of these in National Cancer Institite.
Recent scientific trials in osteosarcoma
- EURAMOS-1 (European and American Osteosarcoma Study Group) clinical trial.
- addition of ifosfamide and etoposide to post-operative chemotherapy
- addition of a 2-year maintenance treatment with pegylated interferon alfa-2b (INF-α-2b)
2. Clinical trials are currently in development for the use of denosumab, glembatumumab vedotin, and dinutuximab for the treatment of recurrent and refractory osteosarcoma.
3. A recent clinical trial of combination of sorafenib and everolimus
4. The OS 99 trial. This is a multi-institutional trail for the efficacy of carboplatin, ifosfamide and doxorubicin without high dose methotrexate. Reference.
5. Co-operative Sarcoma study group (COSS) trial. This is for new diagnosis of local and resectable osteosarcoma. It consists of median dose radiotherapy for local recurrence of OS.
6. Sarcoma Alliance for Research through Collaboration (SARC) with the anti-PD1 antibody pembrolizumab
7. Nivolumab with or without Azacitidine in Treating Patients with recurrent but resectable Osteosarcoma
Other recent trials in osteosarcoma
8. Nab-Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine Hydrochloride in treating teenagers or young Adults with recurrent or refractory OS.
9. Trastuzumab Deruxtecan for the Treatment of HER2+ New or recurrent Osteosarcoma
10. Glucarpidase after high-dose Methotrexate in patients with Osteosarcoma
11. Humanized Monoclonal Antibody 3F8 and Sargramostim in Treating Patients with Recurrent Osteosarcoma
12. Additionally, there is also a SARC038 study undergoing
13. Immunotherapy is another trial
14. Similarly, use of zoledronic acid is another trial.
15. Lastly, trial on MTP-PE is undergoing as well. [MTP-PE= muramyl-tripeptide phosphatidlyethanolamine]